The Guildhall and River Ouse in York
Building of the York Guildhall began in 1445. The interior was burnt out by an incendiary bomb in the second world war and subsequently carefully restored. The photograph was taken from the riverside path on a calm and sunny early spring morning. This photo also includes some of the well known York riverboats, which carry thousands of visitors up and down the River Ouse each year.